Refrigerators have become an integral part of everyone’s life. One can’t imagine his life without refrigerators at least in urban areas. You require it every day, either you want chilled water or availability of fresh fruits and vegetables anytime. In this article, you will get to know about the best refrigerator in India to buy for your home.
Refrigerators have torn down apart from luxurious item to a regular and important household appliance.
1. SAMSUNG FROST FREE DOUBLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
Samsung offers its Digital Inverter Technology which is used to adjust compressor speeds according to the demand for cooling. It can adjust compressor speeds across seven different levels, and refined motor uses less energy and makes minimal noise.
Design is very plain and the material used is very premium in touch and feel.
Twist Ice Maker feature dispenses ice cubes in no time.
Samsung has installed Moist Fresh Zone, especially for vegetables so that they can last long in a properly cooled environment.
All around the cooling function maintains an even temperature in all corners of the fridge.
Shelves are diverse with hard and clear glass that can handle up to 150KG weight upon them quickly.
Big Bottle Guard is offered to keep bigger bottles like that of Cold drinks easily.
2. WHIRLPOOL FP FROST FREE TRIPLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
Triple Door Refrigerator with different compartments for the freezer, vegetables, and regular things like milk.
240L of storage capacity is ideal for a medium-sized family.
Whirlpool’s 6th sense active fresh technology keeps all vegetables and fruits fresh for longer periods.
Moisture retention technology is also a factor for keeping fruit and vegetables fresh for a long time.
The micro block prevents micro-organism’s growth inside.
Its Zeolite technology prevents excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables which is caused due to Ethylene.
It comes with a 1-year warranty on product and 10 Years on Compressor.
3. Whirlpool 4-Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
340L is ideal storage capacity for a big family.
There 3 IntelliSense offered on the display panel, FC, and the RC.
Active Deo Technology ensures the things inside remains fresh for a longer time.
Deep Freezer with Tower Cooling facility.
Flexi-Vents allow the flow of fresh air inside the fridge and keeping the stale smell away.
4. Samsung 253 L Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
It’s Digital Inverter technology allows the compressor to work at different speeds depending on cooling demands.
Trays can be pulled out as per convenience because of rolling hinges.
Ice-Maker trays are twistable and hence ice cubes can be removed easily in no time.
Insulation around the fridge is perfect and allows no escape of moisture.
Samsung offers a 1-year warranty on product and ten years on compressor.
5. Whirlpool 245 L Frist Free Double Door Refrigerator
This 245 liters capacity fridge is ideal for a medium-sized family.
It’s Fresh Flow Air Tower ensures the contents inside the fridge remains fresh for a longer period.
Shelves are divided with clear and hard glasses which can hold up to 150Kg of weight for safety.
It comes with built-in stabilizer technology; hence no external stabilizer is required.
It comes with a 1-year warranty on product and ten years on compressor.
6. LG 190L Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Its Smart Inverter Compressor outstands it with its competitors. It can even run on your Home invertor by lowering down compressor speeds.
Shelves are divided with tough and hard glass that can hold up to 150 KG for safety.
It’s Moist Balance Crisper technology allows keeping fruits and vegetables fresh for longer periods.
It comes with an in-built stabilizer which means it can handle voltage fluctuations on its on and hence no external stabilizer is required
LG Offers 1 year warranty on product and ten years on compressor.
7. Haier 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
This refrigerator offers 195L of storage capacity which is ideal for a small family.
Direct Cool technology helps in chilling the fridge’s every corner.
It comes with a 4-star rating that means it is not a power-hungry machine.
Anti-Fungal Gasket prevents the growth of bacterias and fungi.
Cool Pad in the freezer helps in maintaining cooling up to 10 hours of power cutoff.
It comes with one year of warranty on the product and ten years on the compressor.
8. SAMSUNG DIRECT COOL SINGLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
It comes with a built-in stabilizer hence no external stabilizer is required for managing voltage fluctuations.
Toughened Glasses are used to divide shelves to hold weight up to 150KG’s.
Anti-Bacterial Gasket helps to keep the fridge away from the growth of bacterias and fungi
Deep Door Guard is installed for keeping large bottles, milk, and juices.
A 1-year warranty is offered on product and ten years on compressor.
9. Haier 220 L Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Haier is a well-known brand for manufacturing a plethora of electronic appliances.
Marked with a 3-star bee rating it isn’t a power-hungry machine.
Reciprocatory Compressor is designed to consume less power with no compromise to cooling.
This 220-liter refrigerator is an ideal choice for a medium-size family.
It comes with a 1-year warranty on product and ten years on compressor.
10. WHIRLPOOL FROST FREE DOUBLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
Its 6th sense DeepFreeze Technology feature circulates cool air in an excellent way to every corner of the fridge.
Chilling Gel traps cool air which is released when power is cut off.
MicroBlock Technology prevents the growth of bacterias and fungi inside the refrigerator.
Its Active Deo feature helps in keeping your food fresh and odor-free.
Freshonizer reduces oxidation to keep vegetables and fruits crispier for a longer time.
It comes with one year of warranty and ten years of warranty on the compressor.
Best Refrigerator in India: Helpful Buying Guide
Use below code to embed this infographic
<p><strong>Please include attribution to www.buyingcisco.net with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href='https://www.buyingcisco.net/best-refrigerator-in-india/'><img src='https://kitcheninfo.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/How-to-choose-best-refrigerator_-2-768x1920.png' alt='Best Refrigerator in india' 540px border='0' /></a></p>
What Capacity to Select?
Less than 200 liters
- For a small family of two members or a bachelor pad
- Has less storage space that is enough to hold take-outs, some condiments, and beverages
- Requires less floor space
- Is reasonably priced
200 liters-400 liter capacity
- For a family of four
- Ample space to store cooked food
- Large freezer and vegetable bin to stock fresh produce
More than 400 liters
- For a large family of 6-8 people
- More space for storing fresh food and cooked food
- Requires a larger floor space
|Capacity||House Hold Size|
Types of Refrigerator
- Single Door Refrigerator
- Double Door Top Freezer
- Double Door Bottom Freezer
- Side by Side Refrigerator
1. Single Door Refrigerator
- Compact. won’t take much space in your kitchen
- Has in-built freezer and vegetable box
- Affordable and energy-efficient
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Ideal for a couple, a bachelor or a small family of two
- Many have the Direct Cool technology where you may have to do manual defrosting. Many brands, however, have introduced digital auto defrost as well
- If you have a growing family. you will have to graduate to a bigger fridge soon
2. Double Door Top Freezer
- Suitable for a family of four to five people
- The large storage capacity of more than 200 liters
- The freezer has separate sections for various kinds of food
- With two separate sections- top and bottom- heat exchange is less even with frequent opening and closing
- Frost Free technology does away with manual defrost and improves the life of the refrigerator
- The constant bending down to take vegetables from the bottom storage section can strenuous for many people with back pain problems
- Can be expensive
3. Double Door Bottom Freezer
- Easy to access the vegetable and fridge section without having to constantly bend
- Energy-efficient as hot air is not allowed to pass to the bottom freezer section
- Large freezer section for ample storage
- Large capacity sizes of more than 400 liters, ideal for large families of more than 5 people
- Most come with Frost Free technology, and do not require manual defrosting
- Requires large floor space
- Expensive and requires regular maintenance
4. Side by Side Refrigerator
- Large sections for fridge and freezer
- Large capacity from 500 to 800 liters
- Suitable for large families
- Saves energy
- Some models have a water dispenser on the doors
- Have an additional space at the back of the door for extra storage
- High priced. more expensive than others
- Occupy a large space. so you need a large kitchen or cooking space
- Check out shelf sizes as they may not be large enough for bigger items.
Direct Cool vs Frost Free
|Direct Cool||Frost Free|
This process cools the refrigerator using a natural convection method.
|This technology maintains a consistent |
temperature by the circulation of cooling air
within the refrigerator, which prevents ice
the build-up in the freezer chamber
There is no fanning or circulation of air so one needs to manually defrost the fridge.
This technology helps retain food fresh for a
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), India has rated refrigerators based on their Energy Efficiency
- The most Energy Efficient refrigerator gets 5 stars, while the least gets 1 star.
- So, refrigerators with more stars are more energy-efficient and will give lighter electricity bills than those with lower stars
|Star Rating||Energy Efficiency|
FEATURES TO CHECK WHILE BUYING REFRIGERATOR
Adjustable Shelves & Bottle Racks
- Many refrigerators have adjustable shelves which can be moved to make space for larger items.
- They can be used to regulate the temperature inside the refrigerator depending on the climatic conditions.
- Modern refrigerators have digital controls that are easier to handle than the manual ones.
Indoor ice and water
- This feature is available on many side-by-side door refrigerators. It helps you dispense chilled water from the refrigerator without needing to open it.
- Though it is an exciting feature, these fridges require a lot of maintenance and are expensive.
- Some fridges have a carbon filter that keeps the interiors fresh by absorbing bad odors.
- Moisture control helps fruits and vegetables to remain fresh for longer periods of time
Built-in Voltage Stabilizer
- It is important to keep the fridge protected from voltage fluctuations.
- Along with an external voltage stabilizer with low/high voltage cutoff, refrigerators with built-in stabilizers will go a long way in extending the life of your fridge.
Q1. Which refrigerator is good in India?
A1. SAMSUNG RT28M3022S8 FROST FREE DOUBLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR is an ideal refrigerator for any size of the family.
Q2. Which type of refrigerator is best?
A2. WHIRLPOOL FP 263D PROTON ROY FROST FREE TRIPLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR is the best refrigerator with 263L of capacity and triple doors for different compartments.
Q3. What is the best refrigerator brand?
A3. Samsung and Whirlpool are the best refrigerator brands in India.
Q4. What are the top 10 refrigerators?
A4. We have picked top 10 refrigerators depending on various factors and mentioned above clearly about their features, pros, and cons.
Q5. Which refrigerator is best for home use?
A5. You can go with SAMSUNG RR19N1Y12RZ/HL DIRECT COOL SINGLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR. With the trust of Samsung and great technology, it is one of the best refrigerators for home.
Q6. What brand of refrigerator is most reliable?
A6. Samsung and Whirlpool are the two best brands in India in the refrigerator section. LG is also doing great with fantastic after-sales service.
Q7. How do I choose a fridge?
A7. We have written a well-researched buying guide which will help you in choosing your fridge wisely.
Q8. How long do fridges last?
A8. If used carefully, a refrigerator can last up to 10 years easily.
Q9. What is the difference between 3star and 5 Star refrigerator?
A9. 5-Star refrigerators are more efficient than 3-Star refrigerators. 3-Star fridges consume more power than 5-Star fridges
Q10. Which is a better single or double door fridge?
A10. Anyday, double door fridge is better because whenever you open the door of your single-door fridge a lot of cool air escapes from the freezer while this is not the case in double door fridge as the compartments are completely separated.
Q11. What is the meaning of a 5-star rating in the refrigerator?
A11. 5-Star refrigerators are very power efficient. They consume as least power as required to ensure the best possible cooling.
Q12. What is the life of a refrigerator?
A12. A maintained refrigerator can last up to 10 years easily.
Q13. Which star rating refrigerator is best?
A13. 5 Star rating refrigerators are best in terms of power consumption, efficiency, and active cooling.
Q14. What is the best refrigerator to buy?
A14. Haier 195 L 4 Star, Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator, is the best and most efficient refrigerator in the list. It is ideal for a small family.
Q15. What should I look for when buying a refrigerator?
A15. You can read our researched buying guide before making a decision. A 2-minute read can prevent you from regretting later.